At Art Feeds, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to know we appreciate you trusting that we will be careful and sensible with your personal information.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information. It applies to donor information that we collect both online and offline.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Art Feeds, PO Box 1002, Fayetteville AR 72702
Who are we?
We’re Art Feeds, a not-for-profit organization that believes all children are curious, imaginative, creative, innovative and our greatest resource.
In this policy ‘Art Feeds’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means:
Art Feeds, registered charity (EIN: 27-1326336). Registered address is PO Box 1002, Fayetteville AR 72702
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly
For example, we may obtain information about you when you sign up for Art Feeds Online, take part in one of our events, make a donation, apply to volunteer or intern for us, purchase products and services or when you register to receive one of our weekly newsletters.
Information you give us indirectly
Your information may be shared with us by third parties, which might include:
- independent event organisers, for example
- fundraising sites;
- and professional fundraisers.
- (Paypal, Classy, Stripe etc.)
When you visit this website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
- We collect and use your personal information by using cookies on our website.
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us in an event photo). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
We supplement information on our supporters with information from publicly available sources such as annual reviews, corporate websites, and public social media accounts in order to create a fuller understanding of someone’s interests and support.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for.
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- checking for updated contact details against third party sources so we can stay in touch if you move;
- dealing with entries into a competition;
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notifying you of changes to our services;
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, fundraising appeals and activities and promotions of goods and services; and
- processing grant or job applications.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for, The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. accounting purposes).
Where do we transfer and store information?
Art Feeds is based in the United States. Any information transmitted to us may be stored, accessed, or processed in the United States. Residents of some other countries, including residents of the European Union, should be aware that the laws of the United States do not offer the same protections as the laws of your home country.
With whom do we share information?
We do not trade, share, or sell information that you provide to us with other organizations who intend to use it only to market their products or services to you. There may be instances in which we share your information with others. We may share your information, for example, in conjunction with your sponsorship of a certain project, as required by law, with law enforcement, to comply with legal process, to protect our legal rights, to protect the safety or security of a person, or to protect against fraud, criminal acts, or misconduct. We may also share your information with companies that provide us with services, or with a successor legal entity.
Our commitment to data security
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. For example, we secure our machines with mandated encryption protocols to secure our user/company data. We also use industry accepted tools and techniques such as SSL and two-factor authentication to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. Additionally, all sensitive information is stored in secure repositories both in-house as well as secure cloud-based, AES encrypted web apps.
Your access to data, and your choices
If you would like to access the data that we received from you, or make corrections to it, you may contact us at the email or mailing addresses provided at the end of this policy. If you registered to receive communications from us and later change your mind, you may ask that your name and contact information be removed from our distribution list. You can send such a request to the email or mailing addresses at the end of this policy.
Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be "tracked" online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Changes to this privacy statement
Communicating with us
If we need, or are required to contact you about the privacy or security of your information we may do so by telephone, email, or mail. If you have any questions, concerns, requests, or comments about privacy, you can contact us by email, telephone, or mail at:
PO Box 1002
Fayetteville, AR 72702
Effective: May 30, 2018