Time to create a discovery box! We'll imagine we are paleontologists (that's someone who studies the history of the earth based on fossils in the ground) and make a sensory box to explore! Wonder what we'll find!
-Bin or box
-Spoon or fork
Materials to search for:
-Dinosaur or animal figurines
Optional for Dino Egg
-Model Magic or air dry clay
1. Add in all your items to your bin filled with rice.
2. Create the egg for your dinosaur by smashing together clay.
3. Create two cup shapes out of your clay and combine them with the dino inside.
4. Use a brush, your fingers, or any tools to discover!
5. Use your discovery log to write down everything you find!
When you make your own version of this project, post it online with #ArtFeedsMakes so we can cheer you on in your creativity!
There’s so much more where this comes from! Get access to hundreds of lessons with teaching videos, English/Spanish translations and free printables at Art Feeds Online- Our exclusive teaching resource that includes everything you need to help kids grow their social emotional skills through art.
Every member gets access to our Trauma curriculum including Mental Health and Wellness notes by a Child Trauma Specialist, teaching videos for adults who will be presenting the lesson AND for students who are learning virtually.
100% of Art Feeds Online users report that Art Feeds helps students grow in creativity AND social emotional skills. You won't regret it.